Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Thankful for Being Thankful

Guys, I've been waiting for today for several days now. It's the magical time of year that BYU students have been waiting for since September: 

Thanksgiving Break. 
[If you go to UVU, it's not that big of a deal, because you also have a fall break in October.]

After pushing and studying hard for 86 days, I finally get a real break. 

Senioritis is a real thing. But so is Thanksgivingitis. I get 5 days (if you count Saturday and Sunday) of no school and no clinical and lots of family and relaxation. Unfortunately, I'll have to throw some paper writing and academic reading in there, but thank goodness I can do it any time I want instead of during those last few precious hours of my day. 

This year, I'm thankful for the opportunity to be thankful. And that we get a whole 5 days to celebrate it.

I've kicked my dad out of his "office," aka my room, at home. I will definitely be taking advantage of having a dishwasher and a big kitchen, with a real kitchen table AND a bar. I'll be sleeping in until at least 9 every day (hopefully).

 It's weird to be living with people where I'm the last one to go to bed instead of the first. It's weird not having my own food and knowing that what I have is what I want to eat. It's weird spending more than a few hours at a time at home. Somehow though, I think I'll manage just fine this week ;). 

Happy Thanksgiving!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment