It's amazing how quickly God answers prayers. The past few days, I've felt as though I am lacking in having the strength of my Father. I prayed that I would feel His Spirit more and draw closer to Him. Then guess what happened? Stake conference. I needed to hear what was said, and it was so good! Our stake president challenged us to come up with three goals of how we can be different, how we can be better, what we can do next to be more amazing. His suggestions included how we can be better ward members, roommates, sons/daughters, and in our callings. I extend that challenge to you. Make a list of what you can do to be better. Then what came next? The CES devotional with Russel T. Osguthorpe (? ignore my spelling). So good. Go watch it if you have the chance. Here, I'll give you even more of an opportunity: http://www.lds.org/broadcasts/watch/ces-devotionals/2013/11?cid=HPTH103113136&lang=eng Do it!
Let's see...recent highlights.
- I learned how to use a can opener today:
Yep, I opened both the olives and the pineapple. Be proud.
- Hillcrest Competition. 2nd competition together, and we made semis in both pre-champ latin and novice latin. No pictures of us, but Megan and I took pictures, along with one of her friends from BYU youth.
- BYU women's soccer games with Dad and Emma. Wonderful, intense stuff. Love them!
By the way, I'm blond again! (In case you can't tell by the second picture.) I love being a blond. It's just the greatest. Hence the profile picture change:
Last time my hair changed colors, this was how I felt:
In other news...
- I did my first performance as a member of the BYU ballroom dance company, in the homecoming parade. NOT a fan of dancing/running/performing for 3 miles.
- Roommate Rachel has been working on being "domestic" as she says, which I have taken advantage of to work on my photography skills. Unfortunately, taking pictures inside at night equals bad lighting. But they still look yummy, yeah?
- I competed at Timpview's competition last week (semifinals in everything!), and while we didn't get any pictures of that, I did grow some amazing facial hair and get to see my old family! They even let me join them for their cheer and team prayer!
Anyways, I've got pictures from Halloween and a football game and such, so stay tuned. Basically, life is good, the Church is true, and you all are wonderful!
Love,
Racquel






No comments:
Post a Comment